Insert Coin - An Introduction

Hello fellow Slipknot Maggots!
Welcome to my new Slipknot Maggot Fan Blog!
This post is just a simple introduction to welcome you to my blog :)
Let me introduce myself properly...

Hey everyone!
My name is Jordan and I am a proud 18 year old Die Hard Maggot devoted to the almighty 9
I've been a Maggot for the better part of 13 years now,
I was first exposed to them by my parents constantly having Kerrang! TV on in the house.
One day I was doing my thing in the living room then suddenly I paid attention to the music video for the song "Left Behind" With me being so young, I had hardly a clue to what I was seeing but what drew me to them was the masks and uniforms. My young brain found it so appealing and different to the other bands that were out there at the time.

(Me on my stepdad's shoulders at the Download 2009 show)
A few years down the line, I remember being told that my parents had bought tickets to the legendary Download Festival in 2009. The Saturday headliner was of course, Slipknot.
So with my excitement, I started looking through them more and starting to absorb their catalogue,
I remember heading to the album that had Left Behind on it which of course is IOWA.
Whilst I was absorbing all of this music which was blowing my mind at the time, My parents had this idea to dress me up like one of the members for the show.
They then went out and bought me a red all in one jumpsuit and My mother made me a replica of the self titled Corey Taylor mask out of a old beanie that was pulled over my face and had the mouth, nose and eyes cut out of it. She then made crosshatched dreadlocks and attached them to the mask and that was what I wore to the show.

The show was a mind blowing experience and it was from then on that Slipknot changed my life and the way that I lived also changed as a result of their effect.

To bring things back up to the present day, At the time of writing this, The maggot community has been blessed with the news of Slipknot winning the top spot of the UK Album Charts with their current album, The masterpiece that is "We Are Not Your Kind" and for it to be 20 years on from their debut album shows that they are still going as strong as the years go on!

__________________________________________________________

What I plan to do with this blog is the following:

A personal review of each album released by the band 1999 - 2019

Concert Reviews that I have been to over the years including the shows in the future when they come

and many other things too so stay tuned...

__________________________________________________________

If you made it this far through this blog post, I am very grateful!
Thank you for visiting my blog dedicated to Slipknot, I hope to do many things with this page and I hope you fellow Maggots will join me along the way :)

Until next time..

Stay (sic)!





Comments